The saying goes that young boys from Korea would prefer their tender beef in stead of their mom!
The Viet Man Dish: Marinaded tender beef with peanut sauce together with red onions, spinach with pine nuts and bruun rice with peas.
Prepare the peanut butter dip:
- 1 cup of fried finely chopped (no salt) peanuts
- 6 spoons of fish sauce
- 1 finely chopped red chili
- 1 half round 5 cm palm sucker
- 100 grams of ” Wet tamarind” soaked in 1 1/2 cop of water
- The juice and grated peel of 1 lime
- Mix everything and season.
- Cut the tender beef in to thin slices and marinade in peanut oil, Teriyaki (or Japanese Soy Sauce), thin slices of ginger and garlic and coarsely ground black pepper.
- Start cooking the brown rice.
- Roast the pine nuts in a hot pan without oil until brown in color and set them aside to cool.
- Saute the peas lightly in butter until they are bright in color (only a short time) and set them aside.
- Saute the fresh spinach in the pan with less butter than you normally would do.
- Saute the finely cut red onions in peanut oil and and coarsely ground black pepper and set them aside.
- Grill the marinaded tender beef briefly on the hot pan.
Serve this wonderful, green and spicy dish fast and delicately with thin slices of green chili on top the of tender grilled beef and sprinkle with coriander leaves.
Use the recipe whenever you want to strengthen your self. A fresh cucumber salad on side would do nicely as well.